Painting 1: Inclement Weather
I'm more interested in the moments building up to inclement weather and the way the sky/land gets washed in a certain color before a storm happens, so that's what I wanted to show in this painting. Focused on two things: trying to paint things from imagination and being more loose.
close up


I love the movement in the clouds where you can tell something is forming in the middle there. I love the light you put in the home because your eye focuses to the storm forming but then you see the light and the tiny home and its like 'uh oh i hope they'll be ok', they're probably preparing for the storm
ReplyDeleteyour contrast between dark and light tones is what makes this painting great! you can also tell that you didnt use pure black but rather a very dark blue for your/teal for your deep shadows. Great job!
ReplyDeleteMy eye really moves throughout the painting because of the movement and subtle changes of light throughout the painting. I love how dark it is and that there 's only a suggestion of the form of the house, made from the light. I would suggest adding more suggestions of objects/other forms/rolling hay in the foreground and background too. There's almost an empty space made in the ground on the left side of your painting which looks like could be the start of a tornado. Overall, love where you are going with this!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a beautiful piece. You can see the movement and almost feel the mood. Color choice is outstanding transitioning from one another.
ReplyDelete