Particular Point Of View

 


    Im painting my dog for this assignment and this is my current progress on it. I plan on adding individual hair strokes to her fur to make her stand out compared to the grass.

Comments

  1. The point of view you chose for this is really sweet! It puts the viewer in your shoes as you're spending time with your dog, and the dog reciprocating the eye contact really emphasizes the strong bond and places this painting in a "specific moment in time". Other than that, your texturing is also looking strong so far, especially the grass (I can tell you spent a lot of time on layering its varying colors and mark-making). I agree that adding more detail to the fur (and maybe even a bit more contrast) will enhance it even more. Overall, amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooooove your dog so much, this point of view really does her justice. The viewer has an intimate moment with your doggy through eye contact and it creates a sense familiarity and playfulness. The grass has a nice texture and it feels very painterly. It'd be nice if you left the grass a little bit blurry like it is right now because that allows your doggy to stand out from the background. Love Canela!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Night Painting Progress