Project 1: Barbie Peaches 'n Cream

 




The prompt was to paint with your non-dominant hand so I painted with my left. The sun is away so I have to wait another day for some better light.

Comments

  1. Wow! If you didn't include a description of your image, i wouldn't have been able to tell this was painted with your non-dominant hand. The shadows and highlights on Barbie's hair and fabric really stand out, my eyes were immediately drawn to them. I personally don't like when the texture pops through the paint on my work, but it works really well here. It add another dimension to your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you made the challenge of using your non-dominant hand not very challenging at all haha. It looks so nice and fits in well with other pieces I've seen from you! My favorite part is the shirt and the hair. You worked a lot of detail into these areas and created a lot of texture throughout your painting. The background and subject seem very separate, although at the same time they blend in well. Also, I'm not sure if the background is a pattern or if you wanted to go for the illusion of depth. If the latter, maybe the colors closest towards Barbie can be darkened?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that left hand of yours is great! I like the color choice and figure you have chosen in this project. But they seem to be on the same plane, which I assume this is on purpose. If I saw this at a gallery, I would gravitate towards this and not sure if it is the nostalgia from the figure or the specific banner you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Night Painting Progress