1st painting, nonwestern perspective landscape, and trying out several still lives
Artists that inspired my still lifes are Kirill Doron and Janet Rickus. I've been conscious of planning my composition and not placing everything in the center of the canvas. The still lives are still not complete but I will include more objects, and define the wine glass on the side of the canvas. I like that the still life with the red tapestry adds a religious tone to the piece and I wonder if it can work as it is, and once I define and add more objects. The second and last piece I was working from candelight only.
For my nonwestern perspective landscape, I feel like I've reached a stopping point but I am looking at reference photos now to really see what I'm missing.





these are very painterly, i love your lose brush strokes. the second picture with the bananas and the candles is my favorite! the green and burnt sienna undertones on the bananas add a realistic touch to the painting.
ReplyDelete