Painting 1: Quiet Painting

 

Here is the final result of my quiet painting. At first I was a little hesistant to do the plants, but I think they completed the environment quite nicely. Sorry for the slight glare; these studio lights are pretty bright (haha).


It's interesting to see the contrast between how it was this morning (the second picture) versus the final version (the top picture). I think both of them capture quietness, but the one without plants seems more "desolate", where as adding the plants and smaller details turns it into a "tranquil" sort of quietness. Overall, it's neat how those small changes can make a big difference, and it's given me something to think about going forward.


Comments

  1. the plants definitely turn the painting; now your piece more directly compares and blends nature with man-made. I like how you took liberties with the architecture and didn't define every little detail and instead hint at certain structures with a gestural stroke

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Night Painting Progress