painting 3: paint a rejection

 


Focused on portraying a rejection of the self, basically a non-conventional self portrait representing the ways in which I psychologically reject or contradict myself often. "I know acceptance of certain things in my life is good for me, but I choose to sulk or mope over what I cannot change instead".

Comments

  1. I think the color choice for this particular painting sets the scene. The figures are not super refined and gives them symbolism. I feel if some people think they have their 'stuff' together they attempt to show refinement. And others give this grungy not 'tuned' look to give it more depth. It is not all cases, but this painting I see and feel all sorts of emotion. Thank you for sharing this is a wonderful piece..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rough outlines of the figures is my favorite part to look at up close. The neon-bluish background that's reminiscent of a phone screen sets the tone of the whole piece. I want to know how you created those brushstrokes in the background! I like that we can't tell if the figure in the foreground is walking or standing still, and if they're wearing a hood or not; the cut-off compositions intrigues the eye. One thing to keep in mind is where your light source is coming from, and how it's affecting the figures and how that might change the piece too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Night Painting Progress