Project 3--canvas one

 Current progress: 

I'm painting a family portrait, and I changed the figure in the photo below by adding burnt umber and he's larger and takes up more of the background space. I'm adding objects and fabric in the background to interact with the figure and chair. I like the effects of scratching away the paint so that different layers of my paint shine through. I might add mixed media or rip a whole in the canvas too. 



Below are some sketchbook ideas that I might turn to



Comments

  1. Hey Katherine! if you're scratching dry acrylic paint off the canvas please make sure to do so outside and wear a dust mask. Acrylic is essentially plastic so the little dust particles can cause cancer on the long run. You could also spray water on the areas you need before scratching off. I'm not sure if it would apply to oil paint as well, but just be careful not to breathe in dry paint particles :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Night Painting Progress